Isn't Raiders a little off-topic for Science class? (j/k) :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from Port1.westworld.ca on June 02, 2000 at 16:06:24:

In Reply to: We watched Raiders in science the other day... posted by Indy's Girl on June 01, 2000 at 18:58:33:

: I promised I would post the class's reactions to that, so here it is. Actually, everybody loved it! I showed so much enthusiasm, I guess they couldn't help but join in. :) There was only one problem, everyone kept having to tell me to shut up because they wanted to hear the characters say the dialogue, and not me. 8D SO finally I had to tape my mouth shut. (No, not really, that was supposed to be a joke.) But I think there are some potential new Indyfans in that class...that's great!!

Hey that's cool everyone enjoyed it! I remember in Grade 11 last year (the last day before X-mas holidays) I brought in a couple of movies (IJ trilogy, National Lampoon's Animal House, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger) to watch. When we decided which one to watch, though, the overwhelming majority wanted to watch Animal House (ya know, horny teens) though. That's ok, because on day's like that, comedies tend to be best to show to school. Action films like Raiders can leave people restless on last day's of school (believe it or not) because of their generally serious tone and non-action packed scenes. This one cute girl wanted to watch Raiders but so many people were campaigning for Animal House that I had to pop in Animal House.

Also, in Grade 10, I brought in Face/Off and that one went surprisingly well (...well, there were a couple who were watching fascinatingly, but most of the girls left the room, but the few who watched were HUGE enthusiasts of the film).

But it's always interesting to see people's reactions when you watch your favorite movies with 25 other people. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]