Well, how about that?? Where there's a will.....(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wl053.proxy.aol.com on June 02, 2000 at 21:16:56:

In Reply to: Different Fedora Technique posted by MK on June 01, 2000 at 22:51:14:

: I had a tough time shaping the brim on my new Miller. The front brim did not want to lay down like the Raiders hat due to the felt being thicker and stiffer. I tried all the usual advice offered here and it helped but not enough. I found if I pulled up on the sides where the top of the curve should be, it would bend the front down, so I took 2 clothes pins and clamped them on and used a string over the top of the hat and tied it in place. To disperse the tension on the clamped area I put a playing card in between the pins and the hat. That way I would not leave a crimp mark. I also put cards on the crown where the string touched for the same reason. With all this in place I took a spritz bottle with water and wet the join of the brim and the crown. I set it upside down over night. The next day I removed the tension device and wham-o! Raiders brim. Just in case anyone else could use the info.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]