Re: Here's some info on Peters Brothers hattery...and their Indy hats

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-to018.proxy.aol.com on June 03, 2000 at 01:02:27:

In Reply to: Here's some info on Peters Brothers hattery...and their Indy hats posted by Steve on June 02, 2000 at 23:03:28:

: I came across this company last week, and was delighted to discover that they too custom make an Indy fedora that appears to be worthy of consideration. I have since corresponded with Joe Peters and he has told me that his is one of the few companies left, that "hand makes" their own hats to your specifications. The custom made Indy fedora pictured on his website was made to a customers' specifications, hence the tear drop crown. Apparently this person wasn't a member of the forum-he would have known better. He told me that if I wanted a particular Indy fedora, to send him pictures of the one I wanted, because numerous hats were used from scene to scene with slight variations. The price of this custom made fedora is 175.00. You will have to agree that this is considerable cheaper than the GW fedora, and a possible excellent alternative to the HJ. Now the bad news. He does not do dimensional brims! I am still in a state of shock over this. Of course, when I bought my GW fedora, he didn't do the dimensional cut either. I understand now he does. That not withstanding, perhaps this is the source of a fedora that actually looks like the Raiders fedora. If anyone orders one of these please give us a full report.I think this may be one of the true bargains left. Think about it. A custom made fedora that is also hand made by a company thats been around since 1911. If you have not checked out their web site, by all means do so. Regards, Steve

I did check it out after reading Michaelson's post further down. I
e-mailed them asking particulars of their Indy hats and the Borselino
which if this is indeed the same one HJ uses, at $250, isn't that far
away from HJ's price. Thanks for the info. I'll post anything I learn
as well.

Cheers!
Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: