Re: Here's some info on Peters Brothers hattery...and their Indy hats

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from 24.116.27.240 on June 03, 2000 at 10:16:08:

In Reply to: Re: Here's some info on Peters Brothers hattery...and their Indy hats posted by MF on June 03, 2000 at 01:30:50:

: >He told me that if I wanted a particular Indy fedora, to send him
: > pictures of the one I wanted, because numerous hats were used from

: Cool! I'd been meaning to call. My personal fave are the TOD hats (see the plane scene to see the nice side brim curl I favor and the bridge scene for the soft pinch I like).

: > The price of this custom made fedora is 175.00.

:
: That's nuts! But good nuts! :-)

: > Now the bad news. He does not do dimensional brims!

: Doh! I knew I heard the other shoe falling! :-/

: What's up with this? If *I* can do it with the ol' scissors, then a hat maker oughtta be able to do this in his or her sleep, no? ;-)

: // mf

The other shoe falling sums it up. The surrealism of him not doing dimensional cut brims on a hand made custom hat is ludicrous. Still the price has got to be one of the few bargains for us Indy fans. I would have to include Wested on this short list. The fact that we can still buy an Indy jacket, made by the original maker, at a very reasonable price still has me in mild shock. He is one of the few that doesn't require you to bend over to close the deal, if you get my meaning. But back to the brim. I ran into this with a hatter in Chicago. He told me he doesn't have the cutter to do this brim-only big companies can afford this luxury. You will have to admit that the dimensionally cut brim on the Temple is really good. Of course, HJ hand cuts their brims, along with GW, and it would seem that these folks could do the same. This puzzles the hell out of me. If anyone asks Peters about this, please let me know what he says because this really bothers me. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]