Past, Present, maybe future Wested Consumers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Compassionate Indee Anna from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on June 06, 2000 at 21:41:17:

In Reply to: Wested Update... posted by Tyree on June 06, 2000 at 13:10:52:

Good luck monitoring your patience. You appear to have plenty, as do many with Bottwright invoice numbers clutched in their anxious hands. My message, however is for those who dismiss valid reactions and observations. Whether their own or other forum members. These are not whiners, but CONSUMERS. Peter Bottwrights customers. Someone here said that Peter is doing "us" a favor. Mr. Bottwright is no closer to any of us than Marie at CrapMart, Bobby at Yak In The Box, or Pat at Bridal Barn. He's not doing anyone a favor, he's doing business with "us." A thriving one from what Mr. Patterson reports. These jackets ARE his advertised products and livelihood. I also disagree with those who think that an increase in business NECESSITATES a decline in quality. There shouldn't be any difference. A sound business owner adapts, grows and prospers. Additional craftworkers can be hired and/or trained (sorry to disappoint those who believe that the "Wested British Craftsmen" noted on the label aren't unique and dropped by the hand of GOD). Sure, I'm glad as hell he DOES still manufacture these jackets, but it doesn't warrant excusing him from standard business practices.
Be realistic. The wait---past or present---is not a 'rite of passage' for armchair-adventurer Indy fans (more disappointment?).
Clipped directly from the internet, the Wested website says:
"From the moment we receive your enquiry, be it a one off order or production run you will receive our complete attention and discretion."
In fact, consider for comparison the quality of reports from Herbert Johnson and Noel Howard customers. I hope that when you finally put your jackets on you are still able to say "I 'Bottwright,'" and NOT "Boughtwrong."

Now, for the Indy-related sticklers looking for the usual brain candy I pose this: Does anyone know of any other cameos besides the producer Frank Marshall making an appearance as the German pilot in Raiders?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]