one for my baby...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from unknown-46-4.chiron.com on June 06, 2000 at 22:00:48:

In Reply to: Question about Belloq for the experts... posted by Donovan on June 04, 2000 at 20:46:29:

Good question. At first I thought Belloq's drink with Marion may be a French aperitif such as "Lillet," I've decided against it. Lillet isn't entirely clear in either of its available forms. I haven't checked the film yet, but I remember clear liquid, simple label, choice of a Frenchman. Not Vermouth b/c few people drink it straight and even fewer get as intoxicated as they do from it. You'd need half a case. The time and atmosphere suggests that it is an eau de vie, such as brandy. Brandy would have the strength that could cause Belloq's tender throat to seize up. As well as French in label. There are clear brandys I need to consider after taking another look at the film. First, I need to get a copy of the film. Belloq isn't just saying it b/c he's drunk in my opinion, as seen in his response from Marion's reaction. Of course, it is very likely that Belloq has mixed heritage and we'll never know a damn thing about that drink. It's even more likely that I'll remember it's just a line in a movie and pulled from out of the screenwriters' ……..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]