A pox on you!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on June 08, 2000 at 15:56:14:

In Reply to: Groan... Temple of Doom soundtrack posted by telarium on June 08, 2000 at 14:36:24:

: Ever since I bought the Temple of Doom soundtrack way back in the late 1980's, I have been upset at how much great music was cut out of the soundtrack. Here we are, several years later, and no new Temple of Doom soundtrack on the horizon? I read on this page that the people over at Film Score Monthly said a reissue was unlikely due to technical reasons. Can anyone elaborate on this? Between this and the lack of a Goonies score soundtrack, I have never been so distraught over the lack of a CD! :)

Back in July 1997, Lukas Kendall of Film Score Monthly gave this answer:

There are currently no plans for an expanded Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom CD. It's now available as a Japanese and German
import only, around 40 minutes. For one thing, the only tapes available at this time are 24-track masters which would require expensive
remixing. There are no plans to do an Indiana Jones box set, because Warner Bros. Records has the license for the third film's soundtrack for
another two years. Basically, it would have to be too complicated a deal and Lucasfilm is not, to my knowledge, pursuing it at this time.

I haven't heard of any new plans in the meantime. It sounds like the expense, the fact that separate labels own the rights to all the soundtracks, and the fact that demand for a Temple soundtrack is probably lower than the other two, makes the prospects dim indeed.

--Micah

P.S. Your suggestion has caused me a large amount of grief, but it's been worth it. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]