Re: a useless question about The Last Crusade Tank

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 08, 2000 at 17:32:20:

In Reply to: a useless question about The Last Crusade Tank posted by Brian K. on June 07, 2000 at 19:39:09:

: I was reading the LC goofs section of theRaider.net and am just curious, as I don't know anything about WWI tanks...

: They list the detachment of the turret at the bottom of the chasm when it falls as an error...but is it really? I know that when the wreck of the battleship Bismarck was discovered, she was found upright on the ocean floor with the turrets detached a short distance away. This was because during the descent, she rolled over and the turrets, which were held in place only by their sheer weight, fell free before the rest of the ship hit the ocean floor. Was the turret on the tank supposed to be held in place the same way?

: Just curious...
: Brian K.

To be more specific to the "goof", if you watch the tank start it's roll down the mountainside, you see the turret snap off the the tank with the dummy of our villian Vogel still attached to the turret. Once the tank reaches the bottom of the mountainside, top view, you see the tank roll to an upright position, and low and behold, the turret is reattached to the tank. It was pretty obvious even on the very first screening, I'm afraid. A lot of folks who sat around me in the theater commented on that. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]