Re: INDYGEAR?????

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bottitta from user-2ivebcu.dialup.mindspring.com on June 08, 2000 at 18:42:14:

In Reply to: Re: INDYGEAR????? posted by Abner on June 08, 2000 at 15:52:30:

: : : Hello,

: : : I was wondering why has the indygear website not been updated in nearly a month? With about five staff members there is no exuse. Also, Why havn't the rest of the pictures of the recent competition been posted,did you think we'd all forget? All I can say is; 'what a crock that site has turned out to be.'
: : : Disgruntled,
: : : Walter Elias Masterson

: : Dear Disgruntled...all five of us have accessable email addresses located at IndyGear. From the tone of your message, I often wonder why I even bother to respond, but I will this time. Indiana John is the webmaster of IndyGear. He is currently between jobs, and has limited access to the internet at this time, but hopes to be back in the saddle, so to speak, within the month. In the meantime I understand that Abner has limited access to the site (correct me if I'm wrong here Abner) and can make emergency updates as necessary, but not to the extent that John can. Now, if you'll take the time to go to IndyGear and read the "job descriptions" of the other staff members there, we are consultants. We make the phone calls, do the hands on research, make recommendations and give advice ON OUR OWN TIME, but DO NOT have direct access to the site what so ever. We pass our info to John, who in turn sorts through all the tons of information, separating the wheat from the chaff. Considering every item and topic that you find at IndyGear has been done entirely out of our own pocket and on our own time. We do this for the love of the hobby, and to help other fans pursue the same things we've been pursuing since 1981. Once Indiana John gets over this bump in the road that a lot of us experience in life, things will be back to normal once more. Please keep your finger shaking to yourself. Considering the dozens of emails I answer each day, and I'm only one of 5 involved at "Gear", if you're as involved in this pursuit as we are, you'd have room to gripe. I hope this helps answer your questions. Michaelson

: I'll basically second what Michaelson has to say on this. Actually, I do have access to the site, but not from work. We may be 5 staff members, but it may surprise you to know we do have lives besides collecting Indiana Jones costume items! IndyGear has grown exponentially in the last year, and it seems there is always more info to add. It can be a lot of material for people who have full time jobs doing something else. As I spend my workday programming web pages, I'm not always in the mood to edit IndyGear when I get home, and I don't have nearly as much free time to do so as I did in school. Considering that we provide all this information as a voluntary service, and that Indiana John pays for the server space out of his own pocket, I think your remarks show what an ingrate you are. Normally I wouldn't even dignify such a ridiculous post with a reply, but I felt I should help back up Michaelson. I personally am very satisfied with the info on our site, as it is ten times more than I ever knew when I started buying these things. Your post is absurd- now go back to watching Star Trek.

: Abner
Dear Friends at IndyGear,
You have nothing to appologize for or any need to explain yourselves. We who have lives also greatly appreciate all the work YOU DO for our SELFISH benefit. Take your time and keep up the good work.
Your Obedient....MF Bottitta

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]