Re: Who would play Abner Ravenwood?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on July 23, 1998 at 07:17:13:

In Reply to: Re: Who would play Abner Ravenwood? posted by Sandbagger1 on July 23, 1998 at 06:03:44:

: : One report I read about a possible Indy IV script detailed that the opening sequence would show the young Indiana with Abner Ravenwood, so my question to my fellow Indyfans is, Who would play the role? It's suggested in Raiders that he was like a father to Indy so obviously someone who has had such a key role in a life as remarkable as Indy's is going to have to be a rather special actor, as Sean Connery was playing his father. The only actors I can think of who carry the same "on-screen weight" as Sean are Clint Eastwood, Anthony Hopkins and Charlton Heston so let me know your ideas.

: Well, if it's only for the opening sequence, I doubt they would pay for a name as big as those mentioned for just a bit of work.
: Conversely, I doubt any of them would want such a small role, except maybe Charlton Heston, who would do a good job I bet.
: But there are some British actors who could do it quite well, like David Warner, and Edward Fox. One american who could also do it
: is Brian Dennehy.
:
: I may need to think about this some more.

: Paul

Just as an aside, Heston would probably indeed do such a part. He had one about that small in Tombstone, and his appearance in True Lies wasn't that long either. The part he played in Tombstone couldn't be considered anything but a cameo with about 3 lines. I think he'd be great as Abner. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]