I think Lu Lu meant that as a joke, Micah... (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mindy, the sock monkey from 216-119-15-40.o1.jps.net on June 12, 2000 at 19:35:22:

In Reply to: What is a record? Is it like a big CD?(NM) posted by Lu Lu on June 12, 2000 at 17:11:35:

: : : Thanks to Ulla's post, i went to e-bay and searched for indiana jones. Then i came to this...indiana jones laser disc? what is that a dvd or a soundtrack????

: : Laserdiscs were ... hmm I was going to say record-sized, but if you don't know what a laserdisc is you probably don't know what a record is. Let's just say a laserdisc is like a really big DVD, maybe 12-15 inches across, I'm not sure on the exact size. Laserdiscs didn't hold as much info as DVDs do today, so a movie was generally split among two discs, resulting in an annoying disc swap halfway through the movie. Also, laserdiscs never quite broke out of the movie afficiando niche. There weren't as many titles available widely available and they were expensive.

: : Hope that helps... Anyone who actually owns the Indy laserdiscs could give you more info... anyone?

: : --Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]