I can top that!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0752.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on June 12, 2000 at 23:30:23:

In Reply to: "...THAT bandwagon"?...what about... posted by Indiana Jimmie on June 12, 2000 at 17:29:56:

: 8MM video? I joined an 8MM video club once just to order the three Indy films pre-recorded on the 8mm format.....I rec'd them, and then the club shut down...I was all set to order more (I have an 8MM video camera that doubles as a vcr), and they just dumped it. The Indy tapes are prized possessions in my collection.
: Indiana Jimmie

Let me tell you a very sad story. Once upon the late seventies, when betamax (sp) ruled the US, a competing system was introduced in Europe. VIDEO 2000 it was called. The tapes were huge, but you could do things like mark your favorite spots of your movies. Rental places carried VIDEO 2000. Then, in the early eighties, just when I already had a good collection of more than 100 movies, VHS conquered the market in short time. Most people preferred VHS, although the image quality was lower. And of course one day my VIDEO 2000 VCR died...Oh well, at least "they" haven't substituted CDs (yet). Fall Guy
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: