Here we go:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from spider-wd041.proxy.aol.com on June 14, 2000 at 17:44:59:

In Reply to: Sorry (SECOND time around letter) posted by Dale Dassel on June 14, 2000 at 17:34:56:

: : I wholly agree Riggs!
: : Dale, there is no need to cast aspersions on others' writing.I mean, I'm surprised that you have taken two years to work on something...it must be hundreds of pages long...In two years I have built REAMS of stories/ideas/etc....I pump stuff out overnight sometimes.....and while it's not always good, ALL writing is practice for the stuff that IS. While I sometimes wish that others here and there would check their spelling a bit (myself included!! SHEESH), that is no reason to go off on these guys. If you don't like the forum, do as you said you would, and DON'T GO THERE. There was a guy here who treated everyone as you are a bit ago, and Micah blocked him....We're all guilty of whining a bit, but you're quickly heading in his direction with some of the ways your responses are worded. I guess I'm just tryin' ta say chill out, man! I'm off my soap box now...
: : Indiana Jimmie

: :
: : : Don't insult our writing - we're trying, most of us are very young, I'm 15. For all we know, your writing could be a piece of crap. But besides the point, this has nothing to do with Indy - you should of posted this IN the NIM Forum, cochise. ;-*

: : : -r

: NOTE: This is the SECOND time I have written this post,
: (stupid computer kicked me off in the middle of a very long, and
: heartfelt letter of apology and advice. I will try to recap what I
: wrote and hope that it doesn't happen again)

: Posting this NOW, so you understand. Please give me a few minutes
: to retype my original letter.

: -Dale Dassel

I would like to formally apologize for what I said earlier. I'm sorry
about what I said about your writing (though not YOUR writing, in particular)
First of all, as a writer, I understand that the creative writing process can be extremely time-consuming. Like all good writers, I like to do research before I commit my ideas to paper, in order to insure that I have all of my facts straight, as well as create the
best product possible.
Secondly, I believe that if any project that is worth doing, is
worth doing right, or not worth doing at all. This is a good
motto to adopt for your work.
Lastly, a bit of advice for all of you budding writers. Pay attention
in school: particularly in Literature, Writing Composition, and Reading- it will make WORLDS of difference in your writing, AND
show up in your works. Good luck to all of you, and God bless.

Sincerely,

Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: