LOL! Be careful, it is a very slippery-slope you're treeading on! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-198-64-195.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 15, 2000 at 20:09:13:

In Reply to: WooHoo! I got my 3rd Miller hat! posted by John Freudenthal on June 15, 2000 at 01:16:17:

: ...my third Indiana Miller was delivered yesterday--but it is the first one I can wear. My first, which I ordered way back on Feb. 11, got mis-shipped, and took a month to arrive. And it was way to big--size 7-1/2"--it came down over my ears. But that was my fault--I seem to fit a much bigger hat size in baseball caps, and tape measuring my head said between 7-3/8" to 7-1/2". On spring break in March I went to Texas (unfortunately not Houston, where Miller Hats is located), I was able to find a REAL hat shop there (of course). I told the salesman of my dilemma,and he looked at my head and said 7-1/4". We then tried on several Stetsons, and 7-1/4" worked every time. 7-3/8" was too big. So when I get back, I ship the Miller back and order 7-1/4". Another month goes by. Their return policy says allow 30 days, so I do so before calling. They tell me they never got the hat back, when UPS says it was delivered. They eventually found it, and shipped my 2nd hat, which arrived a week later. But it is way too small, just sitting on the very top of my head. So I have to make yet another return (each return costs a total of $17), and go for the 7-3/8", which I got yesterday and fits just about right, slightly large but shrinkage will easily take care of that.
: So I look at myself in the mirror, and at first, I think (please forgive me)"I look like a dork in this thing". But after playing around with the shaping some more, and wearing it more, I can see myself wearing this thing now. Pretty cool....
: So my 3 year search for an Indy hat is satisfied--I remember finding "Indyfan" and "X Marks the Spot" 3 years ago and first learning that there were alternatives to the Jawa trader hat.

: And when I was looking for the hat, I was going to stop there, and not go "nuts" like some people. But now I am really thinking about the whip. That would be cool. And maybe the bag...

: John Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]