Re: custom specs

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wl014.proxy.aol.com on June 15, 2000 at 23:46:48:

In Reply to: custom specs posted by Gregg on June 15, 2000 at 21:18:15:

: Dakoty (not quite the ring as Indy, I'm afraid),
: Excited for you about your hat order. Is the 2 7/8 the front/back brim, or the sides? How did you determine these "Raider" specs? I DO remember reading that the HJ poet was cut-down from a basic 3" brim, but I'm curious for more? Is your lining silk or satin? Did you give specifics on your choice of ribbon? What is the felt difference between the "bullet proof" and the "custom"? Do you measure its height by its unbashed crown, or to the top of the front crease?
: Are the specs for height 5 or 5.5 inches? Do the Peters Bros. automatically alter your hat to your proportions as I've heard Gary White does? What's the average production time for a custom? Sheeesh, guess I had a few more questions than I thought. Just anxious to learn of a good alternative to the HJ and Miller.
: Answering any or all of these will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
: Gregg

It's 2 7/8 front and back by 2 3/4 each side. I asked for 5 7/8 to 6 inches measured unbashed which makes for a good center dent. The rest I'm just waitin to see.
Cheers!

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: