Re: Dammit, why won't HF just commit to another Indy before they pension him off?!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry King from pb229.krakow.ppp.tpnet.pl on June 16, 2000 at 18:58:48:

In Reply to: Re: Dammit, why won't HF just commit to another Indy before they pension him off?!!! posted by Moribundman on June 16, 2000 at 09:55:55:

: Yeah! Good point! And HF looks great in all the recent publicity appearances and the video interviews. Certainly good enough to do another Indy where they could maybe add a few (imporvised?) bits about "I'm getting too old for this s**t!" kind of Danny Glover/Leathal Weapon type jokes. Maybe even parallel Indy becoming more like his dad - and hating it!! ;-))

That would be great. :) If Henry Senior was in the movie, too, they could also throw in lines like: "Dad, don't call me Junior, I'm 55!"... :)

: If not, then perhaps the future of Indy is interactive. Now from what I've seen of Monkey Island 4, detractors aside, it'll be a great game in the vein of Grim Fandango. If therefore it's a popular title then maybe Lucasarts could sling together an Indy game using Monkey Island 4 adventuring and Infernal machine action. THAT would be a worthy successor to Fate of Atlantis!!!

Could be... though personally I'd like to see both types of Indy games coexist - a 2D point-and-click adventure, and a 3D action game like Infernal Machine. That would be much like in the old days, when there were Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis adventures *and* action games.

: (Or perhaps George and Steve are just waiting for Sean Patrick Flannery to turn 40 so they can pick up where they left off ;-) ...or Alec Baldwin assuming the role of a Ford character to get his own back?!)

Let's just be happy that nobody's thought of Leonardo di Caprio playing Indy yet... :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]