Re: Indy Old Arcade Games

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry King from pc118.krakow.ppp.tpnet.pl on June 19, 2000 at 20:11:00:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Old Arcade Games posted by Paul von Rosen on June 18, 2000 at 17:29:50:

: Thank You for Your advice, but the thing is - I was interested
: about the code wheel only from my curiosity - the main problem
: lies in symbols (they were used for the letters in this particular
: game) - and with the cracked version - yes, I have one , but
: it's strange to me, that none of the indy fan sites mention those
: arcades -even if they are not so great - hey, it's Indy.

Not too long ago I visited one site dedicated to Indy games (I must check the link in the chaos that I call my bookmarks :) that listed those arcades, and AFAICR even provides links to them (in the C64 versions, I think). I'm sure someone here can recall the link faster than me :); anyway, the site was a real Bible (or Grail Diary :) of Indy games (and more), really worth visiting.

BTW, I agree it's very annoying when you're looking for a game that's a couple of years old, and can't find it anywhere... :( I'm lucky enough to have and old original copy of FoA, but I've been looking for some other four or five yr old titles (though they're not Indy related) for the past year or so, and no store seems to carry them... :( If they have them catalogued, they always turn out "unavailable" after I try to order them... Even the producers' sites and their online stores don't have them :( It's usually better when such games are released in budget compilations, with other titles (there is such a package with Indy III in it, and I actually got it :) But some games got re-released as budget titles short ago, and *still* they're unavailable in software stores (who at this point seem mostly interested in newest console games...)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]