Re: Hat minutia

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from 24.116.27.239 on June 20, 2000 at 10:04:43:

In Reply to: Hat minutia posted by MF on June 19, 2000 at 23:21:27:

: Following up to my earlier follow up to Indy Valdez's new HJ, here are some pix boosted shamelessly from Indyfan, Indy Excavations, Indypics and Luger's hat page showing what I was talking about.

: Turns out that the brim changes a LOT from severe snap to light upturn. But the intangible curve is seeminly always there...

: So, like many experiments, I raise more questions, rather than finding answers.

: Sorry for the yellow lines -- they were just my doodling. I decided to say the research after I'd done it.

: here's my "research" for your information... :-)

: If the image link doesn't work right, the URL is here:

: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mfifer/temp/hatpics.jpg

: Credits to web pages and copyright owners, blah blah blah. this is just to compare hats, not steal property, infringe rights or anything else "nefarious" :-)

: // mf

You know, it doesn't appear to me that any of these fedoras were true "snap brims". I think most of these hats were just cut down to the dimensional brim proportions, and then shaped with the sides turned up and the front pulled down, to varying degrees of course. My Millers came with severe snap brims, and talk about ugly! Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]