Re: Which Hat...well

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IJFan from dresden.bmc.com on July 24, 1998 at 09:11:08:

In Reply to: Re: Which Hat...well posted by Michaelson on July 23, 1998 at 18:32:29:

Well, if you have any other suggestions which I might be overlooking, I'd be interested in hearing them. The only other option I'm even dimly aware of is the Stetson (Temple & Ark). Frankly, I've never been too impressed with Stetson hats, so I kind of ruled them out. Anyway, don't keep too quiet just cause I don't know enough to ask the right questions ;-)

Thanks,
IJFan

: Well, using your criteria, I would say, in order of most accurate as of today's date, Gary Whites, Herbert Johnson, then the Alegro a distant 3rd. I personally want a Herbert Johnson, but as you say, reports are pointing further and further away from being the "correct" material, appearance, ribbon, and "attitude" of the original hat maker seems to have changed, and is being reflected in the hat he is currently creating. White is gosh awful to expensive, but in appearance and materials looks to be at least a top notch product, but personally I wouldn't buy one. The Worth and Worth hat is just plain wrong, brim to narrow as is the ribbon. The pinch is correct, though. Their Siena is actually closer to being correct, if it had a dimensional cut for the sides. OK, there you have my spin on your choises, based upon your criteria. You didn't ask for any other suggestions, so I'll keep quiet. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]