You're most welcome. They are true "working" hats. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-198-64-195.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 22, 2000 at 16:38:13:

In Reply to: And thanks Patterson, for letting me know about these Akubras, I have become a fan!(nm) posted by Steve on June 21, 2000 at 21:13:22:

: : : : : I received my Campdraft from Hatsdirect today and was pleasantly surprised to find it identical to the Miller Indy, but a little better quality. The hat is considerably lighter than the nigerian brown bushman, more of a medium brown really. There used to be a pic of an HJ on Indy Diggs, I think, that is pretty close to the same color. The brim is 2 3/4 and a snap brim, but not as severe as the atomic flanged Miller. The crown height is 5 1/2, and it goes straight up without a taper. The gold lettering on the sweatband will not come off as the Miller seems to be prone to do. I wear my Bushman all the time and the gold is still there. The felt is a little lighter weight than the Miller, and you won't have to worry about it shrinking. The hat has a light gold liner and when I opened the box, I thought I had received a Wested due to the aroma of new lambskin. One thing is for sure, these Akubras are really tough hats, made to withstand the out of doors. I am really pleased with it. regards, steve

: : : : For some reason I thought the Campdraft was made by someone other than Akubra. Could you confirm that it is an Akubra?

: : : : Cheers!

: : : : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: