Re: 6th Sense is not the 9th most successful film. Ever heard of INFLATION?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dirk Pitt from spider-wm084.proxy.aol.com on June 23, 2000 at 14:48:40:

In Reply to: M Night to write Indy 4, PLEASE NO posted by Dr.Jones on June 22, 2000 at 12:08:14:

Sixth Sense the ninth most successful film of all time? Hardly. In spite of their obsession with box office returns, people rarely ever adjust for inflation. Nothing is more annoying than reading articles where some yahoo calls Brosnan the most successful Bond ever. That title goes to Connery, of course, whose Thunderball -- with its gross adjusted for inflation -- was easily the most financially successful Bond film (see Kimberly Klast's web page for figures).

I haven't looked at the box office figures for the Indy movies, but I'm sure if you adjust them -- especially Raiders -- they'll rank much better than you thought.

The writer of Sixth Sense might actually have been a better choice than Boam. Though Last Crusade may be my favorite of the three, even I admit that its plot is in many way a rehash of Raiders. Let's just hope that Shyamalan can inject the same wit and character development that Boam did.

-- Dirk

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]