Re: What does the scene at the end of Raiders mean?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-57.vegas.net on July 24, 1998 at 10:50:34:

In Reply to: Re: What does the scene at the end of Raiders mean? posted by Michaelson on July 24, 1998 at 10:35:59:

: : : I never really understood what the crating of the ark and storing it in that huge warehouse was supposed to mean at the end of Raiders? Is the American government hiding it, saving it for a rainy day, or what?

: : : Tim

: : Well, let me talk like an army general for a minute, that might explain it a little better.

: : (Picture an army General, standing in front of an American flag, yelling this at you.)

: : Well, son, it's like this. You have seen the power that the Ark possesses and you have seen what it can do. And if it were to fall into the hands of the Nazis, Communists, or any other fanatics, then they would be able to over come the world's armed forces, including the armies of the United States of America. That is why we, the United States Government and the Armed forces, have kept it locked up in a gigantic warehouse, with tons of other crap that can cause mass destruction. Do you hear me maggot?????

: : Sorry about the "maggot" line, but I just had to make it sound like an army guy. But the rest of it is probably the answer you would get. In the picture in Indy's book in Raiders and the stories in the Bible, the Hebrews carried the Ark into battle and every time, it helped them destroy their enemies and win wars. That's why Hitler was searching for it in the first place. He wanted to carry it with his army, so he would win every war he fought. Now if the Ark is locked up in a gigantic warehouse and mixed with a whole bunch of other crap, no one would find it and no one would be able to use it against America. I hope this explains it. If it doesn't, maybe someone else can give a better explanation.

: : Indy

: Excellent explaination, but let me add.....as any government or ex-government employee of the US can tell you (and yes, I am one), it isn't so much that we want the item, it's we don't want YOU to have it and we don't particularily want to know how it works, so we'll sock it back to look at a later time somewhere in the vast recesses of our storage facilities. But, ha ha, WE have it and you don't (Insert vision of tongue being stuck out). Typical governement response. Does that help add to your scene above? Regards. Michaelson

I knew I forgot something.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: