Thanks mate! I really do appreciate that! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George The Man Lucas from cache3.kolumbus.net on June 26, 2000 at 06:22:04:

In Reply to: George Lucas(Thank you) posted by Ravenwood on June 26, 2000 at 01:05:16:

: George Lucas. Since I started visiting this forum in the fall of 1999 I have read many opinions that people have on George Lucas. Many have not been very flatering. Some have labeled him as greedy, and washed up. But I would like to say how much I personally respect, and appreiciate George Lucas. First, If it weren't for George Lucas, this forum would not exist, cause he dreamed up Indiana Jones. There would be no Wested jacket on our backs, no Alden boots on our feet, and you and I would not be able have met the many fine people who regularly visit this forum. Lucas has single handily changed the face of the movie industry. He was a boy from Northern California, with dreams, and an incredable imagination who broke all odds and suceeded. Star Wars and Indiana Jones is in my opinion the some of the greatest continual movie stories ever told. He has blended so many aspects of evreyones lives in his movies. His story themes consist of sons saving their fathers, and fathers saving their sons. Lucas stories have love, hate, anger, fear, loss, and triumph. Lucas is fascinated by spiritual things, and spirituality is the underlying theme to many of his storys. Some of his companies products are expensive, but so are Disney, Nike, and most brand name clothing companies. That's buisness, and Lucas is a smart buisnessman. I felt compelled to write this long post about George Lucas because he has inspired me so much. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, and has the right of freedom of speech, so I understand the critism some people may have with him. But, I believe that George Lucas and his movies will be long remembered even after his days are done. His imagination has captured billions of people around the world. He has inspired me personaly to act upon my own dream and attempt to get my own stories reckognized, and one day get them made into movies. So, if by the small chance that George Lucas would ever read this I would like to say thank you Mr. Lucas, thank you for alowing me and so many others to see your stupendous imagination through your movies. I hope one day I can write stories that inspire people as he has inspired me. George Lucas is one of the most estemmed, and awarded movie men in history But as Steven Speilberg once said, we are the ones, the fans,who are the awarded.
: Ravenwood

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]