I'm going!!!! Atlanta is only one hour north of where I live

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from spider-th073.proxy.aol.com on June 27, 2000 at 16:35:02:

In Reply to: Re: RAIDERS on the Big Screen...Again! posted by Michaelson on June 27, 2000 at 12:33:46:

: : I've been away for a bit, so I apologise if this bit of news has been covered....

: : For those of you in the Southeast, a newly-struck print of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK will be showing at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia on August 21st! All part of the Coca Cola Summer Film Festival, it is a one-night, one showing affair. It starts at 8 PM, and the doors and box office open an hour and fifteen minutes before.

: : Every year, the fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta spends it summers showing great films, both new and old. I caught the digitally restored GONE WITH THE WIND there a year or so back, and I'm very glad I'd never seen the film until then. The Fox is a beautiful turn-of-the-century (the LAST one) theatre, done in a stylish roccoco/Turkish motif. If you can think of a better place to see a new print of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, with 4000 other Indy fans (it's a BIG theatre!), then I'm all ears.

: : Tickest can be advanced purchased through Ticketmaster (404.249.6400), online a www.ticketmaster.com, or at any Ticketmaster location. The Fox is located at 660 Peachtrees St. NE, Atlanta GA, 30365. If you don't know how to find it, yahoo.com's Map-It feature will help, but it's not far from a number of I-85 exits. You can prepurchase your tickets way in advance and pick them up at the wiil-call at 6.45, or take your chances that night. I did at GWTW, and barely made it in (almost lost my hat!)

: : Hope to see some of you adventerous types there!

: :
: : -New Jersey Hughes

: Atlanta isn't that far away from me. We just may get to this. Thanks for the heads up, New Jersey! Regards, Michaelson

Hey Michaelson, if you are definitely going to attend, please let
me know so that we can meet in person there. It would be really cool
to meet another Indyfan in real life. I met some guy at the convention
in Las Vegas who used to be a forum regular, but I can't remember
what his name was. But it was really cool. We talked for about two
hours, and even shared a table at the awards banquet.

Your friend,

-Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: