I do it when I get home...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on June 27, 2000 at 20:18:34:

In Reply to: Re: Dude, you can do it yourself... posted by Kent Allard on June 27, 2000 at 19:59:47:

: : : where I can get the sound clip from TOD where indy says "It's me I'm back" I want to use that for when some of my AIM buddies come online to notify me.

: : It's easy enough to get the sounds yourself...just get an 1/8" to RCA converter and an RCA cable and you're ready to rock! Just hook it up to your microphone input ( or line-in if you have one on your sound card )...hook it up to the audio outs of your VCR, and play the tape...record a little more than you need and just chop off the excess wave....easy...."trust me"

: Sorry to bother but could you post a picture or something where I should put those wires or whatever. I have an IBM Aptiva 972 I think. And my VCR is a um a VCR that I won in a contest... I don't know what kind.

: : Brian K.

I just need to move one wire on the back of my receiver and it's pretty much set up, so I'll do it when I get home from work for ya..

But to answer the question,
you should have 3 headphone style jacks on your computer. One your speakers are hooked up to, one your microphone( if you have one ) is hooked up to, and one for a sound input device( if you have one hooked up ). When you double clikc the speaker icon you should get master, line in, line out, and cd at least...and depending on your sound card maybe more .... I don't know the specifics of an aptiva.
As far as the RCA converter, I got one at radio shack for a couple bucks and it's how I hook up my comp to my receiver ( just so I can play video games in surround sound..ehehe ) I've yet to see a VCR that doesn't have an audio out connector (RCA jack)...maybe yours doesn't, I don't know the specifics of that either....then all you need is a long enough RCA cord to reach from your VCR to the adapter...another couple bucks at radio shack. It's well worth it...you'll use it a lot, or at least I do...

Brian K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]