Lack of light wouldn't cause gray...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mlif@aol.com from 63.64.243.77 on June 27, 2000 at 23:31:29:

In Reply to: GOTCHA! posted by Dale Dassel on June 23, 2000 at 11:37:21:

You might have a possible point on the light causing the look of the hat to be gray, but not for the reason you mentioned. The "amount of light" being less, would have caused the hat to look blacker not grayer.

However, if the color was effect by the light (though I do believe the hat is gray, it goes better with the suit color after all), it would be because of the color temperature of the light coming from the windows.

Daylight has (though we don't normally notice it) a blue tint to it. I'm not possitive, but adding blue to the brown might make it look gray??? However! I don't think it would turn out looking gray, number 1 and number two: More likely than not the color of that scene would have been balanced and you would not have noticed the blue (but not necessarily, Slocum is a pretty inventive DP).

This has effected other costume items in the Indy films though....When Indy and gang are in the canyon of the crescent moon, Indy's shirt has a blue tint to it.

I remember a Premier Magazine Gaff Squad article reporting that the 'producers' had "accidentally" given Indy a blue shirt, instead of his normal one. Not very likely.

I suspect it is color temperature again. The light in the canyon is daylight (which is really blue), but when it is reflected off the rocks it's more orange or red from the color of the rock. My guess is, when compensating for the reddness of the rock, the daylight on Indy's shirt made it look blue.

RE: where did he put his gray fedora after the plane trip: The same place he put the rest of his suit, I would guess.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]