A serious reply...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.36 on July 24, 1998 at 16:54:05:

In Reply to: What would Indyfans most like to see Indy chasing after in Indy IV (and don't say women)? posted by Tim Wilson on July 24, 1998 at 09:35:08:

: With all the speculation about what Indy will be chasing after in Indy IV, I wonder what all you Indyfans think?

: I would quite like to see a story based around King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, but also Atlantis. Actually, they could tie the two together, who's to say the lady in the lake wasn't from the lost continent?

: Tim

I agree that either of those topics would be cool for another Indy film. We can assume that the Arthur legends were based on actual events due to some evidence given in Last Crusade. Who knows... maybe Excalubur, Merlin, etc. were also real, and could make some sort of appearance in an Indy adventure. Also, Indy's father would no doubt be able to help a bit with the history involved. Atlantis, while done well already in the Fate of Atlantis computer game, could also be a great thing to "chase after" in Indy 4. I wouldn't want it to be the same, however - no Sophia Hapgood or Nur-Ab-Sal - that's been done already. Atlantis is an awesome mystery though, and it would fit perfectly in the series. It's not religious in nature (or is it?) but finding it would be of immense archaeological value. It could also very well be supernatural, or hold power that villains could want (as it was with Orichalcum and the Nazis in the computer game.) I'm sure there are other things to chase after that we wouldn't even think of, too.

Also, funny you should mention combining the two (Arthur legends and Atlantis) because that is sort of what I have done in a fantasy RPG that I am working on. :)

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]