Anyone but her! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.36 on July 24, 1998 at 17:02:45:

In Reply to: So if you don't want Sandra Bullock in Indy IV, who do you want? posted by Tim Wilson on July 24, 1998 at 09:27:51:

: I was quite interested to see what a strong reaction the possibility of Sandra Bullock being in Indy IV provoked so which actress do Indyfans hope for?

: Personally, I hope to see the return of Karen Allen aka Marion. I hope that the "falling out" with Abner was due to Indy and Marion getting pregnant, so in Indy IV we could get to see Indy's son or daughter. I would hope it would be a daughter (who would be just like her parents, reckless and adventurous, much to Indy's horror as her father) and I can't think of anybody better to play the role than Jennifer Connelly, there could be a lot of humour with a mother and daughter ganging up on "the old man" (and occasionally saving his bacon).

: As for other actresses, they would really have to look like they belonged to that period in time (as Jennifer Connelly does, just check out "Mullholland Falls" or "The Rocketeer") and the only actresses that come to mind are Catherine Zeta Jones (just to brag a little to you guys who have fallen in love with Miss Jones in "Zorro", I was fortunate enough to attend a royal premiere in London, England and was stood shoulder to shoulder with her in the cinema foyer and didn't release until the frantic pointing of a friend alerted me, and believe me, she is equally as gorgeous in real life if not more so), Minnie Driver and Gillian Anderson (and I know that last one will provoke a reaction).

: I await your comments.

: Tim

You know, if they ever made a movie of Fate of Atlantis (which I hope they won't do,) I think Gillian Anderson would make a good Sophia Hapgood! It would be a real change from her X-Files persona, but I'll bet she could pull it off well.

Anyway, as for who should be "the girl" of Indy 4, of course I'm going to agree that it should be Karen Allen as Marion! If they don't bring her back for this one, I'll truly be disappointed. I don't particularly care if it is revealed that Indy had a son or daughter by her, I just want Marion back in the series. Also, having Abner found alive as part of the plot would be cool too, assuming there was somewhere they could go with it. He's almost like the missing link in the films - important to Indy, but barely known about.

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]