Re: I bought my first whip today,

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lavardac from 212.160.154.3 on June 30, 2000 at 02:01:00:

In Reply to: I bought my first whip today, posted by Henry Jones on June 29, 2000 at 10:51:37:

The whip does look a bit short and shorter whips have fast action. Since you're a beginner, it may be difficult for you to learn how to crack it properly. Buying a whip cracking instructional video wouldn't hurt (it worked miracles for me) and you can get one (there are actually 4) through Mark Allen (www.mark-allen.com). He also has a range of whips available and the prices are not as steep as David Morgan's. Mark Allen sells Indy style whips which look exactly like Morgan bullwhips, but are a lot cheaper.
Most people consider an 8' whip the best to start with. Once you get the fundamentals down, you can move on to longer or shorter ones.
Personally, I'd recommend doing business with Mark. I've placed two orders and got a $20 discount on each. Mark, wherever you are, thank you very much! The videos are smashing (or should I say 'cracking'?) and I can't wait to get my hands on the whips I've ordered. They should be arriving soon...

Lavardac

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]