Re: Yet another Wested Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.94 on June 30, 2000 at 15:22:10:

In Reply to: Re: Yet another Wested Question posted by Kenal0 on June 30, 2000 at 12:44:45:

: : After much confusion and misinformation (all unintentional I believe) Peter did confirm that all jackets he made for the trilogy were 100% new finish lambskin. Any and all distressing visible on screen was the handy work of the likes of Mr. Noel Howard, with his sandpaper, brick wall, and boot polish.

: : The "napa" you can get from Wested (the predistressed jacket with the dryer and pebble treatment) is a soft, lamb-finished cowhide. While the material is not authentic to what is used in the movies, it looks good and has a more substantial weight to it. If I could only have one Wested, I would go with the lambskin. The cowhide is great if you plan on a second.

: : IMHO

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: What is lamb-finished cowhide? The one I received is the predistressed
: jacket. It was very light but pecards took care of that and it is now a rich dark brown. I have many leather coats ranging from Stiff horsehide to soft lambskin. This jacket is very thin and lightweight. I would be surpised if it is cowhide. It is too soft. Didn't someone say that he recently switched suppliers? What was the old distressed leather made from? Anybody else have a pre distressed jacket? My reason for ordering a pre distressed jacket was I have 3 relatively new A-2 horsehide flight jackets and 1 new stiff heavy horsehide motorcycle jacket to break in and they take years to get right. I needed a jacket that looks worn right away and did not want to mess with another break in. Whatever the jacket is made out of I like it very much.

I thought my cowhide was light as well until I received the lambskin. When you have the lambskin jacket on, you really feel no weight - it's really that light.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: