IN RESPONSE TO "INDY CONTEST" REQUESTS -- ALL INDYFANS PLEASE READ

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from 12.29.96.50 on June 30, 2000 at 17:49:20:

Thanks for the inquiry, guys, regarding a new trivia contest. I appreciate the interest, and happy that my previous efforts were at least memorable.

To be honest, last year's trivia contest really wore me out. In terms of the films, I've exhausted my knowledge and resources.

:Anyways, I thought I remembered Adam saying that he won't do another one until Indy 4 comes out.

Maybe when that happens, and if I'm still alive by then, I'll consider it. But as I've given away all my "expendable" Indy stuff, and am hardly keen on giving away what's REALLY important in my collection, I think the prizes will need to be contributed by other people.

:And think of it for his sake, it cost the dude, like, 500 smackers just to ship all them prizes around the world to some of you ungrateful smucks (myself included,

It wasn't THAT much -- it was about half of that. I wasn't expecting to have so many international residents among the winners, and the damn price of MAILING was the last thing I anticipated... Not to mention how LONG it would take to go through the answers (with Micah's help, of course).

So, in regards to the trivia, I humbly hope to pass on that banner to another candidate, as I feel I've done everything I could do with the matter...

But I have another idea...

I suggest having ANOTHER contest, but not one dealing with Indy trivia. Rather, how about something creative -- something to inspire people into delving into the INDY universe, rather than simply researching answers...

Why don't we have AN ART CONTEST? Where anyone can send a scan or photo copy of a drawing, cartoon, model, painting, sculpture, prop replica -- any visual image dealing with Indiana Jones or the characters and items featured within the Indiana Jones universe?

Of course, "judging" an art contest has always been a very subjective and controversial thing when anything creative is concerned. How can you say one drawing is better than another? Well, for the purposes of this contest, let us try to avoid the competitive nature of the trivia questions, and think of it as a forum whereby a new slew of Indy-theme art can be produced and exhibited.

As both a great Indy fan and an artist myself, I would like to submit my own application for the position of "judge", deciding who gets the first place, 2nd place, third place, etc... If you, the forum, as well as Micah would approve, of course.

(And naturally, as the judge, my own "Indy" art would not be eligable for competition.)

Also, as I have little room for it and feel as though the work is no longer up to par with my more recent Indy paintings, I would be willing to give the person whose art work I deemed first place an original, framed painting I did in 1996. You can see a scan of it at the following address:

www.indyfan.com/fanfic/adamwos.jpg

...or you can simply look under Micah's FAN CREATIONS page and see my WELL OF SOULS art. It's a VERY poor scan, rendered far too dark than it really is, but at least the frame it comes in is really nice! (And by the way, the winner WILL be responsible for all shipping charges this time.)

What do you think? Let me know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]