Re: Trivia question, Indy related

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from 196-28-48-101.prtc.net on June 30, 2000 at 20:24:02:

In Reply to: Re: Trivia question, Indy related posted by Indiana Valdez on June 30, 2000 at 20:20:42:

: : This should be fun.

: : OK, I'm the only one I know that has ever noticed this, I'm curious if anyone else out there has.

: : I first noticed this in Raiders, then noticed it in each of the Indy films.

: : It's a sound effect. It's sort of silly sounding. But it's the same one in each film. Then I notice that the same sound effect is in each of the Star Wars films (including Episode One).

: : Then I noticed that it's in every film Ben Burtt has done sound design for.

: : I think I've spotted it in some 30's films as well.

: : Anyone know what the sound effect is?

: : Anyone know what the origin of it is? Is it Burtt's trademark? The sound he first heard that made him want to be a sound designer?

: : Troy

: Wow, that's a lot of sounds to think of! Could ya give us some kind of clue? Doesn't have to be a give-away, but at least some kind of hint??? How about what type of sound it is? (I.E. voice, appliance, etc.)

Its called a Wilhelm,its burts trademark "Screaming" sound,it was used in an old western movie and a guy got hit by an arrow and he did the same scream Ben Burtt uses in all his films(and his name was "Wilhelm")

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]