Re: Wested Jackets & Rain

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary from 157.22.206.237 on July 25, 1998 at 21:19:19:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jackets & Rain posted by Greg Hildebrandt Jr. on July 24, 1998 at 01:35:56:

:
: : While waiting for my Wested (it's been over 2 1/2 yrs and counting) I was wondering if it should never be exposed to rain (of course unless it's been waterproofed)?

: : Has Peter suggested anything for waterproofing (without making it into a gloppy oily mess)?

: : Thanx as usual!
: : Andrea

: Usually all leathers come treated and ready to wear. I sprayed my Indy jacket down with a leather conditoner and waterproofer (don't think that's a real word) But it came out just fine. I've had mine in the rain, and it hasn't changed it a bit.

Good leather should be able to handel rain the trick is proper drying and brushing. Dry the leather slowly in a warm but not hot area. To clean use a mild soap and luke warm water in a almost dry cloth. Most leather jackets instructions say to take them to a Dry Cleaner that specilizes in cleaning leather. Be careful with conditioners and water proofers test them on a hidden portion befor doing the whole jacket. I have had leathet jackets for 25 Years and they are very rugged. My custom Bates Biker Jacket is the oldest and still looks good and has been used in rain and snow when riding cross country.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]