Re: non-Raiders Wested Jackets

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 03, 2000 at 13:09:24:

In Reply to: non-Raiders Wested Jackets posted by Reggie on July 02, 2000 at 23:53:53:

: Has anyone ordered a wested such as a Memphis Bell Jacket? What are they like?

I've actually been contacted by several WWII buffs who have contacted me concerning their questions on Wested's Memphis Belle offerings. Why and how they got my name for this is quite beyond me, but there it is. I did speak to Peter at that time concerning these jackets and the hats as well, and from what I heard back from the re-enactors who did own copies, they were very pleased with what they received, and the reports they gave pretty much mirrored what we've received to date. Peter told me that all the jackets he made for Memphis Belle, both American, British, and German alike were ALL patterned after originals housed in the London museum of WWII, and he had direct access to these artifacts in order to make his patterns from, so what he currently makes are based on actual existing relics on display in England. Hope this is what you were looking for. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]