Regarding Indygear chatroom

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 03, 2000 at 13:33:20:

In Reply to: Re: Im Back! posted by Henry Jones on July 03, 2000 at 13:22:20:

: I will answer your question about the chatrooms.

: Indygear used to have that irc bytecenter.com chatroom, but a group of pokemon fans (or should i call them nazis?) got into there and kicked evreryone who entered. So the indygear staff decided to close the chatroom. About that time I opened a page with info and pics on the Grail Diary (www.geocities.com/grail_diary) and when I saw that the indygear chat was closed, I opened one in bytecenter (like the indygear one) in my page. Then, Indygear opened a chat, but it is quite a very bad chat, you can go and see it yourself. My chatroom is still opened, but people have stoped going to chats. The indygear one is very bad and a few people know my page.

: That's all the story.

: Henry

Henry, we're aware at IndyGear that the chatroom is not the best, but then with all of our different summer work schedules we haven't been able to set up a regular time for our group to meet on line at the chat like we did on Monday's in order to make a real test and see the pros and cons of the existing room setup. The continued slamming of the room is not needed. As you pointed out, when visiting your new room I see limited use as well, so folks are out in the summer sun and are not hunched over their PC's like a lot of us working slugs are stuck doing. We're aware of the situation, so there's no need to drive it into the ground. We'll straighten things out as time allows. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]