Re: Regarding the Indygear chatroom.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 03, 2000 at 16:20:32:

In Reply to: Regarding the Indygear chatroom. posted by Kent Allard on July 03, 2000 at 15:56:48:

: I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the current chatroom, well I have heard if you register it through MIRC you can control what goes on in there, I have MIRC and would be willing to help out in any way if someone can teach me :)

: Kent Allard

If my memory serves me correctly (and lately it hasn't (grins), I believe that John did try MIRC a few months ago, but their service group, email replies, and upgrade was so agonizingly slow that he just gave up on them. I am probably thinking of another one, but I', pretty sure that's the one he told me about. Not being directly involved with the actual page work, John and Abner would be the ones to direct this to. Abner and I have discussed the current page in use, and it's was a $20 fee that was involved to register this one, so until it's completely tested in a controlled setup, I'm not sure this room has been given a fair chance. We're doing our best to provide a chatroom and paying for it out of our own pockets to keep one available for the hobbiest, and yet we continue to get hammered over the head for our efforts. This is Indiana John's call. I'm glad it's not being left up to me. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]