A good fedora story

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from pool0438.cvx5-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on July 04, 2000 at 15:25:39:

I am reading a book called Charlton Heston's Hollywood. I have already shared information on "Secret of the Incas" and it's influence on Raiders. Although that was only a foot note in the book, there was a good story about The Greatest Show on Earth, another film in were Heston plays a tough guy in a brown leather jacket and fedora: "My own preparation was a lot simpler. I simply had to pick a hat. That sounds easy, but it wasn't, since DeMille felt it was a very important creative decision. One day, he called me into his office, which was covered with at least fifty fedora hats. " It is very important that you were the right hat" he said. "Shoes I don't care about, but your hat is every shot, even more so in close-ups. " For the next hour or so I tried on every hat in his office before the right one was found.

Ahhhha! A room full of fedoras. A great movie. Also I think Indy fans would enjoy this book.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]