Re: Indiana Jones hat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel Hołub from ppp50.jeleniag.tpnet.pl on July 26, 1998 at 09:54:09:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones hat posted by Dan Borton on December 02, 1997 at 13:28:45:

: :: Dan, the Ark offered by US Cavalry was NOT made by Stetson. One of mine is sitting in front of me as I write this, and I wear it daily. I have never seen one of the 1989 issued hats as you describe. Both of my T of D fedora's were front to back bash, not teardrop shaped, as you describe. I have been reading the complaints in the forum regarding this shape, as it is not the actual shape of the actual IJ fedora. The sweat band in the fur felt fedoa's are fur felt. The wool felt fedora is exactly as you describe. We are talking around $100 difference here. The Austrian issue of 1984 ran at around $99.00 at that time, with tdescription of the current "Temple" Stetson is the same American issue at the current price of around $89 or so. Hopes this helps clear some of the confusion, and not just add more. Regards::

: Thanks. So the US Cavalry Ark hat is not made by Stetson, Its made by Broner. Yet their 1993 catalog claims that is a Stetson. Go Figure.

: The Indy hat that I have is made from Beaver fur felt not wool. I was mistaken when I said

I'like Indiana.I'love "The Last Crusade".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]