Re: LaserDisc image quality

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from 204-233-248-066.chicago.verio.net on July 06, 2000 at 07:25:02:

In Reply to: LaserDisc image quality posted by MF on July 06, 2000 at 00:03:17:

: Been thinking about picking up the widescreen laserdiscs of the Trilogy (tide me over till the DVDs are deemed worth of release).

: And I've been wondering about the picture quality... anyone out here seen these on a relatively good TV? I have an HDTV and am pretty thrilled by DVD quality.

: Is a videodisc closer to VCD? (Yuck) or DVD (yay).

: I'm a rather gadget-oriented person, so I find myself astounded that I don't know more about this -- guess LD came and went generating little interest to me, didn't feel like flipping discs 1/2 through and didn't use to have a TV worthy of the likely image improvement over VHS...
The LD quality is excellent. Overall picture quality is very close if not equal to DVD. The big difference is in the sound when comparing a LD and DVD. LD is not compressed as much and sounds much better. Don't get me wrong about DVD, I think it is an excellent format but I have done a lot of side by side comparisons and the LD is better soundwise. Try a comparison of Saving Privat Ryan with the beach scene and you will here the diff. If you have a LD player or can pick one up it is worth it.
: Thanks in advance, LD owners!

: // mf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: