Re: Whip Time!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTA050-0979.splitrock.net on July 06, 2000 at 17:17:45:

In Reply to: Whip Time! posted by Indiana Valdez on July 05, 2000 at 17:59:22:

: Okay, my David Morgan is coming in today. I plan to take it out in the backyard as soon as it gets here. I'm a first-timer with whips so I'd appreciate any suggestions so I don't cripple or kill myself!

: Thanks,

: Indy V

Aside from the eye protection, the best advice I can give you is to start off slow and easy. Cracking a whip is not about physical power but rather technique. A bullwhip is designed to build momentum from what energy you put into it. By starting off slow you can learn greater control as well as help to avoid serious injury. It will also help you break in your new whip. As your skills grow and you become more proficient you can increase intensity.

While the Internet is good for a lot of things, trying to explain how to work a bullwhip is not one of them. For the moment the Bullwhip FAQ and the Whip Enthusiasts list are probably you best resources. If you don’t have anyone that can show you the techniques first hand, you might want to invest in one of the “how to” whip cracking videos, there are several good ones available. If you have any other questions feel free to let us know. Good Luck and Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]