Have to share this, I guess...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace064.utsi.edu on July 07, 2000 at 11:35:14:

In Reply to: Pulling some sort of life insurance scam, eh? posted by graml on July 07, 2000 at 07:20:54:

A lot of us have been wheeling and dealing elsewhere, as eBay has indeed become worse than stock speculating, in my opinion, and I'm a high rated user of the site too! Take a look at Yahoo auctions. I've seen up to 280+ Indy items for sale at any given time, and most of the time only 6 items even have bids! It's a buyers paradise, and a sellers nightmare. I've picked up some extremely hard to find Indy items from there lately for very low prices. Not many people go there except to look for very high end items, such as watches etc, and then the prices are simply ludicrous. Give that site a look see. You may be pleasantly surprised. To those others who have been going to this well quietly too, my apologizes. It's time to share the "wealth". (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: Hmmm...maybe that would be a good way to pay for all that Indy stuff on Ebay...Seriously though, I've found myself in your dilemma before. In fact, I've given up trying to even bid on just about anything Indy-related. It seems that collectors are muscling out us true Indyfans! It ain't fair! Capitalism just doesn't work! :)
: -graml

:
: : So somebody bids on my eBay Toys McCoy figure and drives the price up to $1,126.00 but he completely ignores the OTHER Toys McCoy Indy figure that went up for auction today at only $595.00 (no reserve)
: : Argh! Mind you, there's 6 days left in that auction to go.
: : It comes without the horse but includes a Harrison Ford autographed photo as Indy.
: : AAAIIIEEE! And now, mid message, I see there's yet another Indy figure WITH horse set going for $199.00! (5 days left, with reserve not yet met)

: : This auction stuff is as bad as online stock trading!
: : If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go outside and jump off my balcony now.

: : Canadiana Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]