Hope Lucas doesn't kill Indy 4!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg Izzi from max2-11-173.njit.edu on July 08, 2000 at 01:13:15:

I am a giant Indy fan and I have been laboring for another movie for almost all 11 years now. The rumor mill and general back and forth, dead or alive nature of this next film has been ongoing now since 1996. That's unbelievable, no movie is in such a state of long time flux. Honestly, I thought for awhile that there was a script, but that they were waiting for schedules to open up. That was not possible, and now that script (jeffrey boam? written) is gone and a new one is on. Harrison and Steven are getting more outspoken about making it. Ford turns down JAck Ryan 4, Steven gets the 6th sense fellow to write the script. That shows me a real chance to get this made in years!!! Even paramount said they are really trying to get it out by late 2002, only 2+ years away, though I've been waiting already 4 years through promises it would be made.

Regardless, there is still one LARGE road block, the Great George Lucas! I really felt he lost his touch with Phantom Menace (just my opinion though, I thought it fell miles short of the trilogy) yet I'm not worried he would screw up Indy, no way, because my man Steve is there! But I AM WORRIED he will not allow the movie to be made because of his newer, crappier, Star Wars!!!!! In fact, Lucas's right hand man Rick McCallum poignantly stated he would not make anything until ep. 2 and 3 were done in 2005!!!!!! That is unacceptable and downright pitiful. I personally dont want the prequels, I would rather have seen sequels to the trilogy, with characters I like, and Harrison of course, but that is unlikely, according to Lucas.

However, the saving grace may be Spielberg, who has gone around Lucas and Mccallum and is bringing in his own script and possibly will have Dreamworks and not Lucasfilms make the movie! A little while ago, Spielberg was talking 2001, although now 2002 seems more likely, even a good estimate.

Again, I have nothing against George Lucas at all, except the prequel vs. sequel thing, but I want another Indy soon and Lucas may not make that possible. Still, if Spielberg gets very involved, Lucas may have to take a reduced role. Still, they could easily do it next year after ep. 2 stuff is just about done.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]