Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, (NO INSULTS)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Serge from s173.dzn.com on July 26, 1998 at 23:08:02:

In Reply to: Re: saving private ryan is toooooooo violent, why should this be at the top of the oscar list posted by cari gastwirth on July 22, 1998 at 19:49:56:

It sounds to me like your a little too young to understand a few things about humanity. First, most people (mostly male) like to see violence. The international popularity of recent movies like speed, lethal weapon, batman etc. proves my point. Note I did not say people like to participate in violence. Most of us would curl up or stand stock still in terror or run away in the face of violence against us.
WHAT DOES A MOVIE LIKE PVT. RYAN DO???? ANOTHER THING ABOUT HUMANITY IS THAT WE HAVE WARS. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE WARS BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN. ALL GOVERNMENTS SEND MEN TO WAR. <<<<>>>WAR IS NOT GLORIOUS, IS USUALLY NOT HEROIC AND NEVER MAKES SENSE. RATHER THAN HIDE OUR HEADS FROM THIS REALITY, MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE PVT. RYAN AS MEDICINE. THE AWFUL NASTY TASTING KIND. A MOVIE LIKE THIS BECOMES NECESSARY WHEN WE CONSIDER SENDING MEN ,AND NOW WOMEN TO DIE IN A FUTURE WAR. FOR ME, THE AWFUL UNFLINCHING REALISM OF THIS MOVIE IMPARTED BY THE DIRECTOR, EFFECTS AND CAST ARE ENOUGH TO MERIT AN OSCAR. THIS IS A MOVIE ABOUT THE HISTORIC EVENT OF THE 20TH CENTURY. YOU MAY HAVE SLEPT THROUGH HISTORY CLASS, BUT THE REAL SACRIFICES PORTRAYED IN THIS MOVIE ARE WHAT KEPT ALL OF EUROPE FROM BEING NAZI GERMANY!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]