Do not discount its authenticity just yet.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from 208.154.130.13 on July 08, 2000 at 17:11:58:

In Reply to: Raiders Prop on eBay. What is it? posted by Dr.Jones on July 07, 2000 at 01:42:47:

: Does anyone know what this is or what scene it's from? Click on the link below.
: Dr.Jones

This is the second time I have seen this (or similar) item on ebay. Although probably not screen-used and perhaps not specific to Sallah, do not discount its authenticity. I acquired a Temple of Doom Pankot Palace dinner beetle from an English prop dealer and it included a COA from Propmasters. In the mid 90s, a stash of props from an English studio entered the market, especially those from Temple of Doom (dinner beetles, monkey heads, thugee rifles, bows, swords and whips.) I believe Propmasters was one of the main dealers who offered the items. Many standard props, especially easily made paper props, are supplied on set as an "arsenal" if any action needs or "script changes" call for them. Guns, clothing, money, furniture, decorations, food, plants, animals; all depending on the shots planned that day. There may also be cut scenes of Sallah paying Amir, Omar or Katanga for their assistance. In any case, obviously these notes were not "screen-used" and therefore hold less value. But what if they show up in a deleted scene on the DVD? At the very least, these unseen props may be of value to someone as a momento of the film. Though, for me, $195 is a bit much...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]