Also..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on July 10, 2000 at 11:54:28:

In Reply to: Are any of us truly good? posted by graml on July 10, 2000 at 07:43:24:

: Oh, you've raised issues here, Shishak! Big, ponderous issues! I would have to say that Indy is "good" by most standards. Sure, his peculiar brand of archaeology is unorthodox and occassionally less than legal (remember how he trashed the well of souls?), but in the end, he performed a service to humanity. And sure, he did kill people, but like you said, they were the villains. Considering the fact that they were going to kill him AND use various religious artifacts for evil purposes, I vote they got what they deserved. But then, what do I know?
: -graml

..by whose ethics is he being measured by? The politically correct ethics of the new age thinking of the '90s and beyond, or the gritty reality of the era we find him set in? If it's the former, then no, he is a bad man. If the latter, then he's tame to what really occurred during that time period, and therefore is an angel in comparison to the fact. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]