my Atlantis idea

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from dialup2-1.uplogon.com on July 27, 1998 at 09:52:17:

In Reply to: Re: A serious reply... posted by RikDuel on July 25, 1998 at 19:34:42:

: : Also, funny you should mention combining the two (Arthur legends and Atlantis) because that is sort of what I have done in a fantasy RPG that I am working on. :)

: : -Northy-

: Actually Northy, you're probably not the first to make the link. Stephen Lawhead's excellent Pendragon cycle brings Atlantis into the Arthurian myth. In his stories, Merlin's mother is from Atlantis (she is sometimes called the Lady in the Lake), and her father winds up as keeper of the Holy Grail. His is an interesting story where you can see the significant acts and deeds which eventually get blown out of all proportion to become the myths we know today.

: Later,
: RikDuel.

Well, I never claimed to be the first! :) My version doesn't take all the legends at face value, as I have Merlin being an almost evil being that leads to the fall of Atlantis. My Atlantis is an outpost on our world by a race of elves, who return to their own realm after Merlin incites Earth's humans to attack the elven colony. It's a bit more involved than that of course, but this is an Indy forum, and I don't want to stray from the path any further...

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]