Re: Wested sleeves/Fall Guy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust183.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on July 10, 2000 at 18:20:30:

In Reply to: Re: Wested sleeves/Fall Guy posted by Kenal0 on July 10, 2000 at 18:03:47:

: : To Fall Guy and other new and/or weathered Wested wearers:
: : Hello. Over time do your sleeves stretch and fit better? I've re-read a lot of old posts when people had first acquired their jackets and found them snug in the sleeves. A followup to whether things have improved and to what degree would be helpful to many of us.
: : My jacket hasn't arrived and I'm panicking that if it doesn't fit right, by the time I send it back/Peter adjusts it/returns it, a year will have passed without wearing it! Should I have given arm measurements as well? I workout regularly and worry about the "average" sizing running small? Fall Guy you said you work out right? Confining your upper arms? Tight around the back? I'm not huge like competitive bodybuilders, but at least twice H.Ford from TOD.
: : Still no word from Tyree, huh? Even after the "newsflash" posting.
: : Thanks
: : Gregg

: My jacket came with the sleeves actually being about an inch short. Luckily they cut the sleeves and turn them up over an inch. A visit to my local tailor who specializes in leather solved the problem. He charged me $25.00 and it took 3 days but the jacket fits perfect now.He lengthend the sleeve with the material that was turned up and
: he added a small piece of soft glove leather to the end of the liner which was a nice touch on the inside of the sleeve to make it fit.
: I gave Wested an incorrect sleeve measurement so it was my mistake.

I received my Wested approximately one month after ordering last fall, and I love it. The sleeves came an inch too long, but I think it was my fault for measuring myself. I had a local shoe repair guy shorten them for about $20 (those guys can work with leather and he even made me a whip holder. I bought the new-finish lambskin and don't regret it, but the cotton lining, even though it's supposed to be more durable, is makes it hard to slide the jacket over long sleeve cotton shirts. I also work out and have larger than average arms, but the snugness has eased over time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]