Yeah, I know...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shishak from spider-wa052.proxy.aol.com on July 10, 2000 at 23:54:45:

In Reply to: Re: OK, here's the question... posted by another_Adam on July 10, 2000 at 16:57:40:

I agree with you on a lot of that. Indy does go through a lot a character changes throughout the movies. One thing about Indiana Jones, he's hard to figure out. Like, towards the beginning of RAIDERS, Indy says to Marcus, "I don't believe in magic, a lot of supersticious hocus-pocus." But then in TEMPLE OF DOOM, which happened before RAIDERS, he not only witnesses but experiences supernatural things. And even at the beginning of THE LAST CRUSADE, he seems somewhat skeptical of the power of the Grail.

I guess Indy isn't really a believer in anything, but he is often awestruck by the power of certain artifacts and the ancient world. I came up with a line that I think Indy would probably say. I think it would be cool if he said it in INDY 4. It's like this: A person would try to convince him of the power of the unknown, trying to remind him of all the "miraculous" things he's witnessed. Indy would retort, "Whoa, wait a minute. YOU call it miraculous... I call it ARCHAEOLOGY."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]