Re: Saving Private Ryan and Mask of Zorro

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam King from 208.148.186.11 on July 27, 1998 at 10:44:58:

In Reply to: Re: Saving Private Ryan and Mask of Zorro posted by Michael on July 26, 1998 at 22:10:46:

: I saw Saving Private Ryan yesterday and honestly must say that it will probably be the best war picture I will ever see, hands down. Recently the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation produced a series called "The Valor and the Horror" which portrayed the carnage entirely out of context, leaving the impression that WWII was a one-sided act of murder performed by allied soldiers. It is Canada's shame that the country permitted government dollars to be spent in defiling the memory of her veterans. Saving Private Ryan places the carnage in true perspective. A viewer can see that the environment of a combat situation makes horrific behaviour understandable, and often, justifiable. The viewer was also made aware, on an ongoing basis, of the larger moral context of the allied cause. This is the difference between Saving Private Ryan and The Valor and the Horror. Spielberg's film is a tribute to the servicemen of all nations who went to war to defeat fascism. Thanks for honoring my father this way. - Sam King

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]