Re: Monday's Young Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-98.usae.bah.com on July 11, 2000 at 08:04:51:

In Reply to: Monday's Young Indy posted by Gregg on July 10, 2000 at 19:10:34:

I've got it (taped in SP in stereo). I set up 2 VCRs to tape it so (aside from losing power) I wouldn't screw it up. It was really hard wtaching Indy's amazing "growth spurt" on his voyage from Egypt to Tangiers (only to regress back to a 9 year-old in the next story!). Correy Carrier was just way too old to make it believable. He's at least a head taller, his voice has changed, he LOOKS older (no more buck teeth) and his mannerisms are even different. Sean Patrick Flannery looked a bit older in the new material shot to bridge his episodes into movies, but nothing that was detracting from the movie (if you didn't know it was shot years later you probably wouldn't even notice). In this case, however, it was impossible not to notice. On the other hand, the new footage at the beginning of Indy being born and meeting his namesake (the dog Indiana) was great. And the plot of the new Tangiers segment was decent. It had a good look at the issue of slavery from the perspective of 2 different cultures.

If anyone needs a copy, just drop me an email (allenlane@mindspring.com). I'd be happy to help.

: Hello all!
: Well, due to a lightning strike at my home, I was unable to view today's (Monday's) Young Indy episode. From what I gather, this is the only time it's being shown. Did anyone tape the episode? Is there some way I can get a copy from a fellow fan?
: Any help is appreciated,
: Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: